Paid Media Specialist
SalaryR25000 - R30000 per month Cost to company
Paid media specialist – digital performance marketing account manager
NetBooster South Africa is looking for an experienced digital performance manager to join our SA team, based in the heart of South Africa’s Silicon Valley, Stellenbosch. NetBooster South Africa forms part of a global network of media agencies under the NetBooster Group, operating in over 70 markets across the globe. NetBooster South Africa shares offices with our local partners, LIMBIK. Although it’s a performance media marketing role, the candidate will work with and have full access to the dynamic full service digital and creative agency partnership between NetBooster and LIMBIK.
Company: NetBooster is the leading independent digital agency focusing on performance driven digital strategies in Europe and the world. We believe that the right mix of people, innovation and freethinking keeps our clients and us ahead of the competition. Our team believes in focus, individual strategies and solutions for every client and thinking outside the box.
We enable our clients to create, change and expand their business thanks to individual digital strategies matching their consumer, business, staff and product needs. NetBooster operates 25 Offices in Europe and beyond, handling blue chip clients from around the world deploying digital campaigns and strategies with 800 employees in more than 70 markets around the globe.
Location: Cape Town, Stellenbosch
Start Date: June 2016
Salary: R25000 - R30000 per month Cost to company, negotiable depending on experience + benefits (see below). Please note that the salary specified above will be pro rata for part time or fixed term contracts.
Additional benefits: Aside from working with a great team of people we also provide a range of benefits including: Coffee, gym, travel, parking subsidised
Goal: To provide account management for a range of clients but more specifically in the luxury retail industry, for one of the world’s most renowned global cosmetics brands. The candidate should also support the growth of the company, ensuring the highest standard of service is consistently delivered.
Responsible for: Account management of key digital cross-channel clients operating in South Africa, other Sub-Saharan African markets and beyond. Channels include PPC, paid social, display, remarketing, RTB, contextual advertising.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define, follow and evolve digital strategies for appointed clients
- Manage day-to-day activity and workload, ensuring it is organized in an effective and efficient way
- Oversee junior members of staff that work on operations across multiple channels (PPC, paid social, display RTB, contextual advertising), whilst being also hands-on when required. Keep a close eye on the accounts performance. The objective is to achieve and exceed client’s targets
- Optimise client accounts for maximum performance using standard practices such as adjusting bid strategy, improving and testing creatives, and adjusting campaign targeting and scheduling
- Support the line manager on media planning, and progressively become independent in media planning production
- Build and manage close working relationships with clients and partners to ensure smooth running and elaboration of campaigns, providing accurate information and reports to the client
- Feeding into the campaign strategy with recommendations to improve performance and efficiency
- Construct account development plans to maximise long-term performance and growth of account overall
- Contribute to meetings, whether with clients or internal teams
- Provide appropriate communication, consultation and regular updates to clients and external agencies as and when required, in a language that is easily understood
- Assist in new business opportunities
- Identify, test and make suggestions for new digital marketing techniques that NB South Africa should consider adopting
- Proven experience in retrieving, interpreting and reporting data
- Experience in writing and producing client reports
- Exemplary time management skills, able to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised and process orientated individual
- Analytical approach to work
- Hard working and flexible
- Team player
- Self-starter and able to manage own workloads
- Creative but practical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Precise and careful with excellent attention to detail
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude to each new challenge
- Qualification as Google AdWords Professional
- Strong knowledge and experience of bid management systems (e.g. Doubleclick for search). Google Analytics is desirable
- Permission to work in South Africa
- Owns own car and has a valid drivers license
- Lives in and around Stellenbosch area or willing to commute
- Educated to bachelor degree level as a minimum
- Strong verbal and written English language capabilities
- At least three years’ experience in account management in a digital performance environment – working in a client focused role, either client side, agency side or digital providers. You need to be familiar with concepts such as Cost of Sale and ROI driven campaigns
- Previous experience in managing medium to large sales-focused accounts
- Up to date knowledge of the digital marketing industry
- Up to date working knowledge of platforms like Google Adwords, Google Studio, DoubleClick, Facebook AdManager and Twitter Advertising
- Good presentation skills to be utilised both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Proficient and fluent in verbal and written English language
- Deep working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous digital media agency experience
- Previous experience working in an international environment is desirable
Please note: All applicants must have the right to live and work in South Africa. We cannot accept applications from candidates who do not have the correct permissions/visa to work in South Africa.