Ibis Hotels UK
Some might say there are magic recipes to produce viral videos and create some buzz for a couple of days.
We prefer to rely on smart use of data to write good stories and engage our audience in the long term.
At least, that is what we have done for ibis Hotels in the UK
- ibis hotels rebranded in 2012, but still had a comparative lack of brand awareness in the UK.
- To increase awareness, a concept was developed for an online video: ibis Snuggling Bunnies.
How can we make it go viral? Not only by reaching a broader audience, but also by increasing engagement on a long-term basis?
- Firstly, we gave more depth to the video campaign: resulting in 13 various stories over 6 weeks!
- Then, we created a simple ecosystem on Facebook & YouTube, using YouTube annotations and a Facebook app to connect all the touch points.
- Finally, we promoted our content using clusters, mixing interests and age groups (isolating teenagers), and starting with the friends of our fans.
- Each week, we analysed the clusters’ results : if one got viral, then we reduced budget and allocated it to another cluster, and so on.
Cost Per Engagement
Smart Cluster optimisation delivered incredible results
Engaging ad copies and good timing were key
Simply by using YouTube annotations
NetBooster’s professional and transparent approach as well as creativity through combining content and media strategies led to good campaign optimisation. Their focus on our brand objectives in addition to the standard fanbase engagement exceeded our planned targets resulting in a very successful social media campaign, leveraging our YouTube efforts thus maximising our budget.
Karelle Lamouche, VP Marketing ibis Brands Northern –
VP Marketing Multibrand Services Accor UK & Ireland